7Mind empowers people and organizations alike to lead healthy, happy and purpose-driven lives since 2014. With more than 2.3 million downloads to date, 7Mind has become one of Germany's most popular online meditation training and is still growing.
Our goal is to help people pay as much attention to their mental well-being as they do to their physical health. In cooperation with seasoned meditation teachers, as well as healthcare experts, we strive to develop high quality training that provide the easiest access possible to meditation and mindfulness.
We are a Berlin-based start-up in Mitte with a creative, international, and close-knit team of 50 employees.
Wen wir suchen / Your playground
As our Lead Designer you will be a key player in shaping 7Mind’s vision, mission and product and take the responsibility to translate it to the Brand, CI, product objectives and key results. Your focus will be hands-on Product Design work while also sparring the Design team responsible for Comms and Marketing materials. You will:
Design Hands-on Work:
- Work alongside with the product & engineering team, ensuring user-centricity and a holistic view of the 7Mind ecosystem and making sure everybody understands the why and how decisions are made.
- Gather research insights, conduct user tests, analyse results and translate them into potential solutions
- Produce end-to-end product design deliverables: wireframes, prototypes, low and high fidelity mockups, as well as ready-for-dev files, etc.
- Pragmatic balancing between user needs, business requirements and technical capabilities into user-friendly & data-backed interfaces & experiences.
- Evolve and maintain the Design Systems (for Mobile and Web).
- Evolve our design thinking and product development process.
- Evolve our Brand and CI guidelines
- Ensure high design quality as well as consistency across product and comms/marketing materials, evaluate design work and provide informed design direction to your team. You’ll focus on producing product deliverables while overseeing all other aspects of design within 7Mind.
- Clearly communicate the value of design to senior leadership at 7Mind, creating the buy-in to elevate our craft and impact as a community
Was du mitbringst / Your profile
- 5+ years relevant experience as Product or UI/UX designer
- You have a portfolio with strong Product projects, showcasing your user interface, experience and ideation skills, product case studies, etc.
- You also showcase Brand skills, such as visual and conceptual projects.
- A clear understanding of modern product development principles and processes in an agile environment.
- Experience in driving product enhancements through both qualitative and quantitative user research, testing and experimentation.
- Proven track record of success in fast-moving, cross-functional and demanding environments.
- Experience working in industry standard tools: Figma or Sketch, Invision, Principle, user testing tools and methods, Adobe programs, etc.
- You are structured and analytical, with a “get things done” mentality.
- You are an open and skilled communicator, eager to push for clarity and listen patiently.
- You are confident speaking English at a proficient level.
- You are passionate about mental health and/or mindfulness.
- Knowledge of German.
We don’t expect proficiency in every area, but at least some level of solution experience and the willingness to learn.
- Previously worked with OKRs or a similar goal-based framework.
- Experience with subscription/B2C products, preferably mobile.
- Worked in a startup environment.
- Your own meditation practice.