At Luminovo, we believe that technical progress is the key to solving some of the biggest challenges facing humankind today. We see it as our core purpose to accelerate that technical progress.
Our team is diverse, international and fun and is made up of graduates from Stanford University, Oxford, Cambridge, ETH, TUM and CDTM. After stints at Google, Intel and McKinsey, our two founders met at Stanford University and decided to relocate to Munich in 2017 to help European businesses accelerate the adoption of deep learning.
We love to work with exceptional people on interesting problems. So far, our clients include startups from Silicon Valley, mid-sized German companies, as well as established DAX corporations.
As Luminovo is transforming itself into a product-oriented company, we are building out the product team in our organization. Its purpose is to solve problems in ways our customers love, yet work for our business. As our first UI/UX Designer, you have the chance to shape and define the user experience of our Luminovo products. You will have to learn how to think like our users and represent their point of view when we prioritize our roadmap. To succeed in this role, you will have to excel in the following performance objectives.
Create wireframes, mock-ups, and high-fidelity designs that our users will love.
Run user tests to iteratively reduce the usability risk and value risk in our products.
Engage in detailed user research and interviews to derive desirable user journeys and the corresponding value propositions.
- Closely collaborate with the product owner to run effective design sprints.
- Co-create the personas and their high-level needs and pains to establish a shared understanding between the product and business discovery teams.
- Back your qualitative findings by quantitative methods.
- Shape a corporate identity consistent across all platforms and business functions, including the creation of design guidelines and templates.
Collaborate with the business discovery team to agree on which hypothesis we want to test with our prototypes.
Collaborate with the engineering team and develop a shared understanding of how your design impacts the feasibility of delivery.
What we value
Many of our applicants have stellar track records and many of our existing teammates graduated from the best universities worldwide. But we purposefully did not create a standard list of minimum qualifications, because we care much more about your motivation and ability to help us accelerate technical progress than we care just about your CV.
If any of the above challenges get your juices flowing, just as they do for us, please apply!
What to expect
- We're an ambitious team located in the center of Munich. We do regular 1:1s, retrospectives, and paper reading groups to make sure we are constantly getting better at what we do.
- We greatly value psychological safety and honest feedback. We always expect you to speak up and share your ideas about what we can improve within the company, and take these views to heart.
- We offer a flexible working environment, weekly company lunch, and do regular team events together (from rafting on the Loisach in the summer, celebrating at Octoberfest, playing laser tag, or staying overnight at a winter hut during our hiking trip to the Alps).