FIRST A QUICK LOOK AT US
Our vision is a planet without traffic jams. Our mission is to transform cities by providing the most convenient and sustainable mobility solutions. We create outstanding products with technical excellence, an agile mindset, an open feedback and failure culture and fun at work. moovel is part of a large global corporation (Daimler AG), but at the heart of it we still are a startWe act as a partner for cities, transport networks and mobility service providers with the goal of making cities smarter and creating an operating system for urban mobility that provides access to appropriate mobility options in urban areas and paves the way for the future with autonomous vehicles. Currently, 250 employees work in small creative teams in Germany and the US at four locations - Hamburg, Berlin, Stuttgart and Portland.
HOW THE ROLE WORKS
As a full member of the Product Design team, you’ll be deeply integrated into the product conception and designing process. We’re currently a team of five product designers and user researchers. Besides our global platform work, each of us is also part of one end-to-end responsible development squad taking care of a specific part of the platform in-depth. You’ll have a significant stake in shaping and defining a world-wide product for millions of people.
Our team is part of the Product department at moovel and works directly together with developers, product owners and our communication design fellows. Here are some things we want to entrust you right away:
- Conception and UI/UX designing of features, screens, flows for our Multimodal Mobility App
- Taking responsibility as squad designer for a specific part of the product, working closely together with developers and product owners
- Contributing generic components and elements into our Mobile Design System
- Bringing feature requirements from product owners and clients alive as well as testing them together with our user researcher
- Communication of our design intent to both internal and external teams
- Working on app screens and adjusting them for marketing related topics
- Being part of our designing sprints and contributing with great ideas into the Product Design Team
We need someone to partner with, who not only knows how to create catchy and professional product designs to bring the full benefit of our users, but also someone who is organized and empathetic.
A tech company or agency background is highly appreciated, as we are all coming from this realm. We are looking for a motivated colleague, solving product design challenges together with us. A set of the following skills would be optimal:
- Experience in UI/UX, interface and interaction design
- Experience in mobile and deep knowledge about both platforms iOS & Android
- Experience in working together with techies and developers
- Creativity to fill generic flows and features with life and user benefit
- Experience in the field of mobility or public transit products
- Skills with Sketch, Abstract, Zeplin, Adobe Creative Suite
- Skills with prototyping tools such as Invision, Framer, Flinto or Principle
- Experience defining design systems that work across a product
- Constantly trying out new tools and technologies in interface design
- Independent and flexible working methods
- High sense of responsibility and a great team spirit
- Entrepreneurial, can-do attitude with a strong sense of product quality
Choose your own hardware
Working with newest
technologies & microservices
Company pension plan
Free breakfast, coffee & water
Be part of an interdisciplinary
team of experts
Working on products with a
high impact on society
Child care allowance
Flexible working hours
In summary, we are looking for a passionate product designer, who loves working on a product with impact. If this description catches you and you are more than ready for this challenge – we definitely want to meet you. We are excited to explore your portfolio with strong product design samples and a short CV. Apply now by using the 'Apply' button or this link.
We are more than ready to meet you!
Delia, Kathi, Rapha, Steffen, Rafael, Bene and Michael