SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience.
Today, SRAM employs more than 3,800+ people in 15+ locations across 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
SRAM is seeking a creative and motivated Industrial Designer with Senior level design-work experience to join our German design team. This designer will play a key role in driving the design of industry leading mountain bike drivetrain components and supporting world-wide design projects. This position is located in SRAM’s Mountain Bike development center in Schweinfurt Germany.
- Quickly generate ideas and concepts which reflect your outstanding visualization skills, a refined sense of form and your understanding of human factors.
- Translate user needs in compelling products.
- Deliver solid and rational ergonomics for best physical performance.
- Build compelling stories to communicate design direction to your design team members and the larger product development team.
- Coordinate with design team partners like finish, graphics and finish engineering to meet defined requirements.
- Design for manufacturing: Create CAD geometry ready for forging, die-casting, injection molding, and machining processes.
- Work with Design Engineers directly on CAD models to configure/package engineering concepts into the most compelling products in the industry.
- On time delivery of solutions that meet product development timelines
- Work well in a cross functional environment with team-mates that include Product Management, Design Engineering and Advanced design.
- Support MarCom and PM product launches and presentations with applicable materials.
- Help to further refine ID workflow processes to enhance the product development process.
- Actively support us to create an even stronger team by a positive attitude and openness to give and receive constructive feedback.
EDUCATION / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or equivalent from an accredited university
- Clear proficiency of Senior Designer level work and relevant experience working in cross-functional product development teams.
- Proficient at 3D CAD (Pro-E/Creo preferred)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a global team. Approximately 15% travel.
Please send resume & portfolio to: email@example.com
SRAM Deutschland GmbH, Romstraße 1, 97424 Schweinfurt